Trello is the project management and collaboration tool that enables you to organize projects and visualize everything related to them in Kanban view. Trello makes it easy for your team to work together by creating boards, lists, and cards. Trello integration for Zoho CRM bidirectionally syncs the records of your Zoho CRM to the related Boards, Lists, and Cards in Trello and Vice-versa.
This integration enables you to create boards for active projects, users working on them, to-do lists, follow-up leads, etc.
The data stays in sync with your CRM account after integration is complete, allowing you to manage the information from either location.
Trello Boards, Lists, and Cards
Trello boards are the modules, projects, or products you are working with. Each board comprises lists and cards. You can add as many boards as you want.
The process of the workflow is said to be the Lists
Cards are the tasks on the lists that can be moved to any other lists when it progresses or completes.
Install the extension
Login to your Zoho Account
Navigate to Settings<< Market place<< All
Now search for Trello Integration for Zoho CRM and click on Install.
Connect the Trello account
- Once you installed the Zoho- Trello integration, click on these three dots and select Trello boards.
- This will lead you to the Connect and Authorize page.
- On this page click on Connect button at Trello to connect your Trello account with your Zoho CRM.
- Now the Trello login page will be displayed. Login to your Trello account with valid credentials.
- Once Login the pop-up window will appear to give permission for Trello to access your Zoho CRM.
- Click on Allow.
- Now your Trello account is connected to the extension
Authorize Zoho CRM
- After connecting your Trello account to the extension, you need to authorize the Zoho CRM to access the extension.
- For that click on Authorize button corresponding to the Zoho
- Here select Accept to allow “Trello integration for Zoho CRM” to access your data to perform synchronization.
- Then click on Next to Start your data sync.
- Before syncing records, you need to configure the settings. Click on settings from the left side menu.
- Enable the create, update, and delete switch of the respective module in order to sync records correspondingly from Zoho to Trello and vice-versa.
Zoho Sync Configure
- Navigate to the Zoho Sync configure tab on the settings page. Here it displays all the Modules of Zoho CRM that include Tasks, Cases, Leads, Contacts, and Accounts.
- Enable /Disable the create, update, and delete switch related to any module to sync records based on the action.
- For example, if you enable the Create option of the Contacts module then whenever the contact is created in Zoho CRM then it will be updated as cards in Trello.
- Enable the Onsave sync option in order to sync records as soon as the record was saved.
- Select the Default module to be synced from the drop-down. It includes Cases, Tasks, Leads, Contacts, and Accounts.
Trello Sync Configure
Navigate to the Trello Sync Configure tab on the settings page. Here it displays all the Modules of Trello that includes Boards, Lists, and Cards.
Like Zoho Sync Configuration Enable/Disable the create, update, and delete switches based on which actions the records are to be synced.
In order to sync the records from Zoho CRM to Trello and vice-versa, Mapping plays an important role.
Map all the Zoho fields with the Trello fields. Unless Mapping, the records will not be synced.
Mapping can be done separately for all the modules like cases, tasks, contacts, leads, and accounts.
All the fields of Zoho CRM and Trello are mapped by default. You can also perform custom field mapping by a simple drag-and-drop method. That is select and drag the field that you want to relate to the Trello field from the list of field items present on the right side. Drop it inside the appropriate field box.
The records will be synced bi-directionally between Zoho CRM and Trello with various syncing methods. The types of sync include
- Onsave Sync
- Copy to Trello sync
- Historical Sync
- CRON sync
Whenever the onsave sync option is enabled, the records will be synced from Zoho to Trello at the time when the record was saved.
Copy to Trello sync
This sync will be used to sync the already existing record from Zoho to Trello.
Click on the record which you want to sync to Trello.
On the detailed view of the record click on the Copy to Trello button. Now that particular record will be copied to Trello.
Historical Sync will perform in order to sync bulk records between any specified period. This sync is bidirectional and can be easily handled by simply toggling the switch from the right side to the Left side. To sync records on historical events, navigate to the Historical sync tab from the left side menu.
Sync from Zoho CRM To Trello
On the Historical sync page, Toggle the switch to the right side to sync records from Zoho to Trello.
Select modules like Tasks, Cases, Leads, Contacts, and Accounts from the dropdown menu.
Now choose the From and To date between which you want to sync records
Click on Sync. It will display the number and name of the records to be synced from the Zoho CRM to Trello.
Click on Continue to Sync. It will sync all the records between the specified period from Zoho CRM to Trello. If you want to stop the sync click on cancel.
Sync from Trello to Zoho CRM
On the Historical sync page, Toggle the switch to the Left side to sync records from Trello to Zoho.
Like the Zoho sync, select the modules and choose the time period between which you want to perform the sync.
The CRON scheduler runs automatically after every ten minutes. It will sync records from Trello to Zoho CRM every ten minutes.
- This extension allows three languages of Zoho CRM by default. The three languages include English, German, and French.
- If you want to change or update any of these three languages,
- Navigate to Settings and click on the Language tab
- Now select the languages you want from the dropdown menu
- And click on update language.
If you want to use another Trello account, then click on the ‘Reset Connection’ option inside the Reset tab of the Settings page. By resetting your Trello account, the already synced records will be deleted.
To view the sync history of all your records click on the Audit menu from the left. This will give you the detailed status of the record sync like Name, the data flow of records, module name, the message that the record is created successfully or not, and the created date and time.
It also has filters to find records based on the ‘from’ and ‘to’ date. You can also set the number of records that should be shown on a page. Click on the Results per Page drop-down at the top and select the numbers as per your need. Also, search a particular record by clicking the search icon present at the top right corner.
This Extension allows you to resync the failed record from the Log or Audit section. You can check the failed records from the status.